Originally Written here
It’s healthy, tasty and complements well when you’re working on tough assignments :P
Ingredients(makes 2 cups):
- Water — 1 cup
- Milk — 1 cup
- Sugar — based on preference
- Tea leaves — 2 tsps( I use Red Label brand and the strength of the tea depends on the brand somewhat. Green tea is weak)
- Ginger — small chunk (approx 2cm _ 2cm _ 0.5cm)
- Cardamom seeds — 0.5 tsp
- Cut the ginger chunk into tiny pieces.
- Heat the water on stove. Add tea, sugar, ginger and cardamom seeds.
- Let it boil for a minute. Add water to compensate for evaporation loss.
- Add the milk, wait until the mixture boils and then take it off the stove.
- Filter and serve!
- Powder the cardamom seeds and mash/convert to paste the ginger chunks to extract flavour better. By powdering, on can cut down on quantity while maintaining the same effect in taste.
- Adding couple seeds of pepper tastes nice, do not add pepper powder.
- I generally take lots of sugar with tea/coffee but this works well with little sugar.