Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 10 minutes
- Beef flank - 1 pound
- Corn starch - 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- Broccoli - 0.5 pounds
- Soy sauce - 6 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 2 Tbsp
- Ginger - grated - 1.5 tsp
- Garlic cloves - 4 grated
- Sesame seeds - to garnish
- Hot water - 1/2 cup
- Sesame oil - 2 Tbsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Cut the beef into thin slices
- Cut the broccoli into small florets.
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup hot water, the soy sauce, the sesame oil, the ginger and garlic, corn starch and black pepper powder and brown sugar and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a wok on medium heat and saute the broccoli for 4-5 minutes until they’re crispy.
- Remove the broccoli from the wok, add another Tbsp of oil and on high heat add the beaf in one layer. Cook for 2 minutes and then flip to the other side, cook for 1 minute.
- Now add the sauce and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and stir for 30 seconds. Add water to adjust sauce consistency to your preference.
- Serve alongside steamed rice.